HPPA elf64 binutils problem

law@redhat.com law@redhat.com
Mon Jul 2 07:41:00 GMT 2001


  In message <Pine.LNX.4.30.0106292204240.23883-100000@coredump.sh0n.net>you wr
ite:
  > 
  > I finally managed to build gcc using cross-binutils (I just had to get the
  > hppa 64bit crt0.o and friends from the HP itself).
  > 
  > Using binutils 2.11.2 I get the following bomb when building newlib using
  > a the cross-compiler of gcc 3.00 (from amodra's cvs patches/code):
Egad.  Don't even try to use the PA newlib code.

It was written back when we thought it was actually useful to have 
SOM & ELF be assembler level compatible.

Why are you building that code anyway?  If you're trying to get a set of 
PA64 native tools up, you should stop, install the bits you've built
(gcc,binutils) twiddle things so that they pick up the HP libraries and
fixed header files, then try to build your PA64 native tools.

jeff



More information about the Binutils mailing list