--defsym option

Axel Kittenberger Anshil@gmx.net
Thu Jan 11 04:28:00 GMT 2001

Okay, from looking at the source I've seen the --defsym option.
Well okay it shows up at help also :o)
And I mismatched -D for define with -D for debugging info.

I guess just the web-documention is a little out of date or?
http://sources.redhat.com/binutils/docs-2.10/as_2.html
I've nowhere seen the --defsym in this doc.

Another question, if my assembler fails it produces a zero size file.
Well this is especially nasty for make, as it does not process this file
again :(

ummm, one last question I still have ...
Is there somewhere documented the exact ppc assembler flavor gas speaks?
(I mean how it does want register to look like etc.)

umm I'm using 2.10.1, and compiled it as a cygwin hosted ppc assembler.