binutils-010212: possible bug with gas + arm-unknown-elf + dwarf2 lineno

Nick Clifton nickc@redhat.com
Sun Feb 18 14:26:00 GMT 2001


Hi Jens,

: The debugger gets the code-source relation correctly for symbol
: test1 and test2, but it seems to have problem with the >32 byte gap
: between test2 and test3.

What is the problem - ie what is wrong ?

: BTW1: Is the linenumber information printed by readelf -wl relative
: to the sourcefile ?

Yes.
 
: BTW2: The filenames for assembler files don't show up, is there a 
: difference in sourcefile specification from GCC compiled files and GAS
: compiled files ?

Are you sure.  When I assembled your test file and then ran readelf
-wl on it I get this information (amongst other information):

  The File Name Table:
    Entry Dir     Time    Size    Name
    1     0       0       0       fred.s
  
(I called your source file 'fred.s')

: P.S.: When is the next official release of binutils planned ?

Probably next month.

Cheers
	Nick



More information about the Binutils mailing list