strange relocation enties (scattered data)

Jan Hoogerbrugge hoogerbrugge@hotmail.com
Fri Dec 21 04:27:00 GMT 2001

Hi,

I am porting bintutils to an achitecture where 32-bit absolute addresses are
not stored in 32 consecutive bits in instruction memory but in 6 groups of a
few bits. The distance between the bit groups varies per instruction. My
question is how to relocate these addresses. I think that I need to add
parameters to the relocation entries that describe how the 32 bits are
scattered in memory. Is this possible with BFD_ASSEMBLER?

Cheers,
Jan