readelf truncates symbol names in relocation sections

Nick Clifton nickc@cambridge.redhat.com
Thu Dec 20 04:33:00 GMT 2001

Hi Julian,

> I have prepared a new patch. All symbol names (not just the symbols
> from relocation sections) are truncated to 25 characters unless
> the --wide switch is used.

> +2001-12-20  Julian v. Bock  <julian@wongr.net>
> +
> +	* readelf.c (print_symbol): New function: Print a formatted symbol
> +	name.
> +	(dump_relocations): Use print_symbol() to print symbol names.
> +	(process_symbol_table): Likewise.
> +	(process_mips_specific): Likewise.

Thanks Julian.  I have applied your patch with a couple of minor
variations.  I added a second parameter to print_symbol() which is the
desired width (for when --wide is not in effect) and if the width is
negative then the symbol is forced to be exactly that width.  I added
documentation to the description of the --wide switch, explaining its
new behaviour, and I added a call to print_symbol() inside
process_syminfo().