m68k ELF: e_flags bit for m68000 executables?
Nick Clifton
nickc@cambridge.redhat.com
Tue Dec 18 07:08:00 GMT 2001
Hi Matt,
> binutils' include/elf/m68k.h defines EF_CPU32, and I could use
> an EF_M68000.
Any particular reason why ?
> I don't have the m68k SYSV ABI supplement; does it specify such a
> flag?
Unknown. The ABI does not appear to be in the public domain, so I
cannot answer this question.
> If not, since I bet the m68k ABI is ownerless, can we
> agree on a value?
How about 0x00100000 ? [Chosen not to intersect with EF_CPU32 incase
those two bits have extra significance not documented in the sources.
Chosen to be higher than EF_CPU32 in case the lower bits have some
significance in the (missing) ABI.]
> (Why is EF_CPU32 not a single bit?)
I have no idea - it does seem very strange though.
Cheers
Nick
More information about the Binutils
mailing list