elf_link_hash_entry vs generic_link_hash_entry

H . J . Lu hjl@lucon.org
Fri Aug 24 09:54:00 GMT 2001

On Fri, Aug 24, 2001 at 05:32:19PM +0100, Nick Clifton wrote:

> This patch does not appear to be based against the current binutils
> sources.  (I guess it was made against your own source tree ?)
> Instead I created a modified version of your patch.

Probably.

> I had to make one change though - I reverted the definition of
> elf_hash_table() back to its original version, since it cannot be
> allowed to return NULL.  (It is used in too many places as the first

I think it should return NULL when you try to access the generic hash
table as an ELF hash table. Otherwise, you don't even know you are
overriding memory which doesn't belong to you. It is not too hard to
fix the broken code, which is wrong to begin with.

H.J.