Does -march=r5000 imply HAVE_64BIT_GPRS?

H . J . Lu hjl@lucon.org
Fri Aug 17 10:42:00 GMT 2001

On Fri, Aug 17, 2001 at 07:35:37PM +0200, Thiemo Seufer wrote:

> > > Well, and why shouldn't an arch be allowed to use a ISA below it's
> > > default _and_ it's arch specific insns in the same code?
> >
> > That is exactly what my patch does.
>
> No, your patch replaces the specified -march= by the default arch
> for the also given -mips* option, while leaving -mtune= as is.

Only for BFD, not for assembler. Besides, when -mips2 is used with
-march=r5000, the assembler shouldn't use any instructions which are
in r5000, but not in MISP II.

> > With "-march=r5000 -mips2",
> > currently we set the ISA level to MIPS4 in BFD. That is my
> > original problem. My patch will change it to set the ISA level
> > to MIPS2 in BFD.
>
> With your patch,
>     -march=r5000 -mips2
> effectively results in
>     -march=r6000 -mtune=r5000 -mips2

Not exactly, my patches only applies -march=r6000 to the BFD flags. As
for the assembler, it is still -march=r5000 -mips2.

H.J.