[PATCH] Support -z combreloc in binutils
Jakub Jelinek
jakub@redhat.com
Thu Aug 16 00:08:00 GMT 2001
On Thu, Aug 16, 2001 at 08:56:16AM +0200, Andreas Jaeger wrote:
> Shouldn't combreloc be the default - at least on glibc platforms?
> After changing the dynamic linker to cache the last value used for
> relocation, this option would speed up relocations at system start up.
Sure, it should. That's why I added -z nocombreloc which Solaris ld doesn't
have.
But I'd prefer this tested a lot before making it the default.
E.g. it is unclear how it will work together on mips with its own .rel.dyn
handling. I think it should and perhaps the mips special cases could go away
(with the exception of adding a R_MIPS_NONE reloc first), but it needs some
mips hacker to test it out...
(note that unlike this -z combreloc, mips .rel.dyn is sorted strictly by
increasing ELF_R_SYM, which is IMHO a bad decision because of locality).
Jakub
More information about the Binutils
mailing list