Fix for s390_elf_cons.

Andreas Jaeger aj@suse.de
Tue Aug 7 06:04:00 GMT 2001


Alan Modra <amodra@bigpond.net.au> writes:

> On Tue, Aug 07, 2001 at 01:41:00PM +0200, Andreas Jaeger wrote:
> > "Martin Schwidefsky" <schwidefsky@de.ibm.com> writes:
>> 
>> > Hi,
>> > Andreas complained that binutils-2.11.90.0.24 doesn't work on s390/s390x.
>> > Well he is right. The problem is that the behaviour of fixup_segment has
>> > changed a bit.  The solution is to pass false for pcrel on the call to
>> > fix_new_exp in s390_elf_cons. Then the missing pc relative conversion in
>> > fixup_segment are done again.
>> 
>> Has this issue now been resolved?  I didn't see the patch committed
>> and from the discussion it's not clear to me what should be done now.
>
> Since I was involved in the discussion, let me make it clear that I don't
> have an objection to the patch itself.  It's OK to commit in that it does
> the right thing interpreting the, to my mind weird, s390 assembly syntax.
> I suppose it's too late to change the syntax now.

In that case: Martin, shall I commit the patch?

Thanks Alan,
Andreas
-- 
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
Version: GnuPG v1.0.6 (GNU/Linux)
Comment: For info see http://www.gnupg.org

iD8DBQE7b+dXOJpWPMJyoSYRAshsAJ9kC9sU1j//EkcIV1KOnBHuqynv1wCfZnY0
TwIWmATsdHJl4lr0YOSUAgM=
=wnG0
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----From Dainis@fortech.lv Tue Aug 07 06:51:00 2001
From: Dainis Strupis <Dainis@fortech.lv>
To: "'binutils@sources.redhat.com'" <binutils@sources.redhat.com>
Subject: Changing default memory segments
Date: Tue, 07 Aug 2001 06:51:00 -0000
Message-id: <620C734D5719D5118ED500306E018727078A29@walker.fortech.lv>
X-SW-Source: 2001-08/msg00109.html
Content-length: 769

Is there any way to change the default segments used by the GCC compiler.
I am working on an embedded system with several types of ROM and RAM 
Internal and External - different speeds, static Ram and DRAM, etc.)and
I am often shuffling code and data into specific memory regions for improved
performance.
 
I found only one way to put code (.text) segment from C files,
in differem memory locatins, by change in assembler file
or object file(if assembler file not aivailable) ".text" to .textsram".

What is right syntax for "ld"  script for putting code (.text) segment from
several files to other memory region (SRAM but not DRAM) without change segment
name ?


Best regards
Dainis Strupis
dainis@saftehnika.com

p.s.
problem is actual for  GCC 2.7 mips-lsi-elf 




More information about the Binutils mailing list