How to generate diffs on binary file from CVS?

H . J . Lu hjl@lucon.org
Sat Aug 4 09:50:00 GMT 2001

On Sat, Aug 04, 2001 at 12:43:30PM -0400, DJ Delorie wrote:

> > Can you run "make check" for any canadian cross?
>
> Yes.  Red Hat does that for solaris->cygwin->embedded builds.  It's
> not pretty.

I do Linux/x86->Linux/other->Linux/other. But I have never run
"make check" in the build and don't have a plan to do so. If you can
run "make check" for canadian cross, I don't see why it won't work.
After all, `binary" is in the same binary format as `windres'. I assume
you can find a way to write to `bmp1.bmp' from the new `binary'. The
wosrt case is to run "make check" in a normal cross compile. Then
bmp1.bmp should be there.

H.J.