[RFA] pei386 dll: auto-import patch

Charles Wilson cwilson@ece.gatech.edu
Wed Aug 1 20:26:00 GMT 2001

Okay, here's the revised patch and Changelog.  Differences from earlier version:

1) --enable-gory-debug ==> --enable-extra-pe-debug
2) added --enable-auto-import option
3) made --disable-auto-import the default
4) encapsulated pe_dll_auto_import into bfd_link_info structure: new
field "pei386_auto_import
5) changed pe_em(auto_export) filters to be table-based (*)
6) moved detailed docs into ldint.texi
7) removed "bugger"
8) followed GNU coding style
9) removed ldlang.c patch
10) removed C++ comments

(*) Actually, because of context, I had to use five different tables
(libs to exclude, object files to exclude, complete symbol names to
exclude, symbol prefixes to exclude, and symbol suffixes to exclude)

It builds, compiles, and passes my preliminary tests.  I'll have a
binary package for others to test with up on my website soon.  (Note
that you'll have to explicitly specify --enable-auto-import now).

--Chuck