Patch(?): binutils-2.11.90.0.6/ld/ldlang.c fix to resolve undefined DT_NEEDED symbols

H . J . Lu hjl@lucon.org
Mon Apr 30 23:46:00 GMT 2001

On Mon, Apr 30, 2001 at 06:12:59PM -0700, Adam J. Richter wrote:
> >Which gcc did you use to compile glibc 2.2.3?
>
> Reading specs from /usr/lib/gcc-lib/i386-pc-linux-gnu/2.95.3/specs
> gcc version 2.95.3 20010315 (release)
>
> 	By the way, just to verify that that your crtstuff.c patch
> was not the issue here, I tried applying your crtstuff.c patch to
> gcc and reversing my change to ld, and the problem occurred as before
> when I attmped to link bash (which happens to link with -lcurses
> without explicitly including -lgpm).

I cannot duplicate the problem here. But I only have RedHat 7.1. I
suspect something may be wrong with your libgpm.so or libcurse.so.
Please send me

# nm libgpm.so | grep atexit
# nm libcurse.so | grep atexit

H.J.