ld giving problems when trying to build a cross-compiler.

Richard Lefebvre rick@CERCA.UMontreal.CA
Mon Apr 23 11:51:00 GMT 2001

I used the following for binutils:

../binutils-2.10.1/configure --host=$HOST --target=$TARGET
--prefix=/opt/cross-alpha

Where HOST=i686-linux and TARGET=alpha-linux

Then ran gmake, gmake install. There is no problem there, it's only
when trying to build gcc (with same options I get the problem).
I also tried a different approach where I build gcc-core first, which
works, then build glibc, but again configure (of glibc this time)
complains that ld cannot find libc.so.6.1.

Attached is the script equivalent of what I first tried to do. Which
are about the same as in the Cross-FAQ.

--
Richard Lefebvre, Sys-admin, CERCA, (514)369-5224            "Don't Panic"
Richard.Lefebvre(@AROBAS)cerca(.POINT)umontreal(.POINT)ca       -- THGTTG