ld giving problems when trying to build a cross-compiler.

Richard Lefebvre rick@CERCA.UMontreal.CA
Mon Apr 23 10:31:00 GMT 2001

Hi,
I'm trying to build a cross-compiler hosted on a linux-iX86 for a target
alpha-linux and ld is preventing me from going anywhere it complains that
it cannot find /lib/crt0.o. I fixed that problem by getting crt*.o from
RedHat alpha distribution an putting it in the $prefix/$target/lib
(prefix and target as defined in the configure --prefix --target).
Then ld ask for /lib/libc.so.6.1, I copy the files (same thing I've done
for crt0.o) but that doesn't solve the problem.

What could I have done wrong? Is there something more I could put in
configure of binutils?

Rick

--
Richard Lefebvre, Sys-admin, CERCA, (514)369-5224            "Don't Panic"
Richard.Lefebvre(@AROBAS)cerca(.POINT)umontreal(.POINT)ca       -- THGTTG