Patch for readelf testsuite

Chris G. Demetriou cgd@sibyte.com
Thu Apr 5 14:41:00 GMT 2001

"H . J . Lu" <hjl@lucon.org> writes:
> > it'd probably be reasonable to put a common function like that in:
> >
> > gas/testsuite/lib/gas-defs.exp
> > binutils/teststuite/lib/utils-lib.exp
> > ld/testsuite/lib/ld-lib.esp
> >
> > it'd be nice if there were a single place in the 'binutils' tree that
> > had it, but it's not clear that it'd be good to put such a function
> > _in_ dejagnu (very annoying to have to update dejagnu, for some
> > people)...  and if there's no great global solution, individual local
> > ones would be nice...
> >

> If we do that, we should provide
>
> 1. Is the target ELF?
> 2. Does the target support shared library?
> 3. Does the target support symbol versioning?
> 4. Does the target support ELF symbol visibility?
> 5. Does the target support weak symbol? It may be a tricky one if the
> shared library is involved.
>
> The list may go on. It may be a good idea if someone wants to spend
> time to work on it.

It'd certainly be 'great' to provide all of those.

However, if people see the need for individual ones (e.g., "is the
target ELF"), it probably wouldn't hurt to add ones as the need is
discovered.

Certainly, I'm aware of a keen need for an 'is the target ELF' check
-- that information is encoded in Lots of places i've seen,
differently each place.

chris