gas 2.10.91 from 20000920 cvs is broken under hpux 10.20

John David Anglin dave@hiauly1.hia.nrc.ca
Mon Sep 25 08:53:00 GMT 2000


>   > I raised this point because I thought it might be a mistake for the assembl
>   > er
>   > not to make all branches with R_PCREL_CALL.  At the present time, short
>   > branches appear to be built directly by the assembler and don't have any
>   > relocation data.  To find these, the linker would have to scan the actual
>   > code around an addil that was being removed.
> It isn't a mistake to the best of my knowledge -- it already has to scan
> the code to find the %r1 uses, pc-relative conditional branches and the
> like.

Yes, it seems ok.  I just did a gcc bootstrap with -Wl,-O.

Dave
-- 
J. David Anglin                                  dave.anglin@nrc.ca
National Research Council of Canada              (613) 990-0752 (FAX: 952-6605)


More information about the Binutils mailing list