Cannot create shared library on sh-elf

Nick Clifton nickc@redhat.com
Sat Sep 16 13:44:00 GMT 2000

Hi Alexandre,

: Without this patch, when I try to create a shared library on sh-elf,
: ld tries to place .text (or was it .data; I no longer recall, I wrote
: this patch some time ago, then forgot about it) and .rodata in
: different segments, but fails because it didn't allocate enough
: headers.  Ok to install?

: -#define ELF_MAXPAGESIZE		0x1
: +#define ELF_MAXPAGESIZE		128

I am not sure that this is such a good idea.  The maximum page size is
something that is usually specified by the ABI, and changing it should
only be done if the ABI allows it.

Besides this seems to me to be the wrong way to solve the problem.  If
not enough segment headers are allocated then the real problem is with
the algorithm that was deciding upon the number of headers, or with
the linker map that was specifying the number of headers.

Can you investigate this problem a little further, and maybe post a
way to reproduce the problem ?