A relocation problem in shared objects for SH

Alexandre Oliva aoliva@redhat.com
Fri Sep 15 17:47:00 GMT 2000

On Sep 14, 2000, kaz Kojima <kkojima@rr.iij4u.or.jp> wrote:

> We have a problem when making libc.so for sh-unknown-linux-gnu target. This
> comes from that SH ELF uses both rela relocation and the implicit rel value
> in memory (to support COFF, I think). The next lists and relocs show what
> happened.

I'd be interested in seeing a preprocessed source file that causes
this behavior.  Back when I was working on SH-PIC support, I had seen
this hunk in your patches, and couldn't find any situation in which it
would make any difference, even when linking shared libraries.  It
seems that I didn't try hard enough :-(

I wonder whether this isn't some incorrectness in the code generated
by the compiler.

Please send me, off line, the preprocessed source file, as well as the
command lines used to compile this file and to create the shared
library.  Thanks!