A patch for default version and archive

Ian Lance Taylor ian@zembu.com
Mon Nov 20 12:43:00 GMT 2000


   Date: Mon, 20 Nov 2000 12:39:10 -0800
   From: "H . J . Lu" <hjl@valinux.com>

   On Mon, Nov 20, 2000 at 10:38:25AM -0800, Ian Lance Taylor wrote:
   > 
   >    Then try
   > 
   >    # objdump --dynamic-sym /usr/lib/lib*.so | grep GLIBC
   >    # objdump --dynamic-sym /usr/X11R6/lib/lib*.so | grep GLIBC
   > 
   > No, that's different.  That is versioned symbols doing what they were
   > originally designed to do, namely refer to specific versions in other
   > shared libraries.  Those version numbers were inserted by the program
   > linker based on the version numbers it found in shared libraries at
   > the time it did the link.  They do not (necessarily) reflect any
   > occurrence of explicit versioned references in object files.

   That is not true.

I'm sorry, I don't understand.  Which statement that I made is not
true?

Ian


More information about the Binutils mailing list