objcopy -I ieee
Tillman Reck
Tillman.Reck@windriver.com
Wed Nov 15 02:09:00 GMT 2000
Hi,
I tried to convert an IEEE-695 Object, originally coming from the Tasking
TriCore Toolchain
to elf32-Tricore with the following call:
objcopytricore -I ieee -O elf32-tricore context.obj context.elf
objcopytricore: context.obj: File format not recognized
This was not successfully as the error message shows above.
a) I am seaching a contact in the GNU comunity to discuss my experiences.
b) Can objcopy be used to convert
IEEE-695 --> elf DWARF 2.0 and
elf DWARF 2.0 --> IEEE-695
and what my be the limits.
c) Which with toolchain was it tested, Microtech? others?
d) What do you propose me to fix this problem
More info about the objcopy I used:
objcopytricore --help
Usage: objcopytricore [-vVSpgxX] [-I bfdname] [-O bfdname] [-F bfdname] [-b
byte]
[-R section] [-i interleave] [--interleave=interleave] [--byte=byte]
[--input-target=bfdname] [--output-target=bfdname] [--target=bfdname]
[--strip-all] [--strip-debug] [--strip-unneeded] [--discard-all]
[--discard-locals] [--debugging] [--remove-section=section]
[--gap-fill=val] [--pad-to=address] [--preserve-dates]
[--set-start=val] [--adjust-start=incr]
[--adjust-vma=incr] [--adjust-section-vma=section{=,+,-}val]
[--adjust-warnings] [--no-adjust-warnings]
[--set-section-flags=section=flags]
[--add-section=sectionname=filename]
[--keep-symbol symbol] [-K symbol] [--strip-symbol symbol] [-N
symbol]
[--localize-symbol symbol] [-L symbol] [--weaken-symbol symbol]
[-W symbol] [--change-leading-char] [--remove-leading-char]
[--weaken]
[--verbose] [--version] [--help] in-file [out-file]
objcopytricore: supported targets: elf32-tricore ieee srec symbolsrec tekhex
binary ihex
Report bugs to bug-gnu-utils@gnu.org
objcopytricore --version
GNU objcopy 2.9.1
Copyright 1997 Free Software Foundation, Inc.
This program is free software; you may redistribute it under the terms of
the GNU General Public License. This program has absolutely no warranty.
Thanks in advance,
best regards
Tillman Reck
Field Application Engineer
Technischer Berater
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Tillman Reck Email: mailto:Tillman.Reck@WindRiver.com
WindRiver GmbH Telefon: + 49 89 96 24 45 263
Osterfeldstrasse 84 Fax: + 49 89 96 24 45 999
D-85737 Ismaning Web: http://www.WindRiver.com
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Driving Innovations - Wind River - Commitment to Customer Satisfaction
----------------------------------------------------------------------
More information about the Binutils
mailing list