long name in .file bug

Joel Sherrill joel.sherrill@OARcorp.com
Mon Nov 6 13:09:00 GMT 2000


I am trying to track down a bug in the (unsubmitted) TI C4x 
gas target and think I may have stumbled across a generic COFF 
bug.  The test case is:

	.version	32
	.file
"../../../../../../../rtems-current/c/src/tests/samples/hello/longfilename.c"
	.text

c4x-rtems-as -o l.o l.s
strings l.o 
# shows filename is corrupt.

c4x-rtems is actually c4x-coff which according to gas/configure.in is
"fmt=coff bfd_gas=yes".  I want to try my test case on another target
that is also  "fmt=coff bfd_gas=yes" but all the fmt=coff ones I see are
either some type of emulation (mostly pe) or do not set bfd_gas=yes.

The other coff toolsets I have tried (sh and i960) do not set
bfd_gas=yes.
But they pass this simple test.  

Any ideas on another target to see whether this is generic or target
specific?

-- 
Joel Sherrill, Ph.D.             Director of Research & Development
joel@OARcorp.com                 On-Line Applications Research
Ask me about RTEMS: a free RTOS  Huntsville AL 35805
   Support Available             (256) 722-9985


More information about the Binutils mailing list