[patch] vtable garbage-collection correction to selective6

Philipp Thomas pthomas@suse.de
Sat Nov 4 18:03:00 GMT 2000


* Hans-Peter Nilsson (hp@bitrange.com) [20001103 21:04]:

> >   Since I am not familiar with vtables and their garbage collection,
> >   perhaps you could explain what it is that they do and what it is
> >   that needs to be done in order to support GCC 3.0 ?
> 
> I am not really familiar with it, as seen in
> <URL: http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc-patches/2000-10/msg00208.html >, but where
> there used to be a separate vtable pointer and a separate "secondary"
> vtable for every added virtual base class, the tables are now appended to
> the main vtable IIRC.  I wish that the gcc3 C++ ABI (a.k.a. the "new ABI")
> was documented, but I know of no such documentation.

Mark, I've taken you into the CC as I guess you can point to such
documentation, can't you?

Philipp



More information about the Binutils mailing list