one more h8300 ld -r problem left
Joel Sherrill
joel.sherrill@OARcorp.com
Thu Nov 2 12:35:00 GMT 2000
Nick Clifton wrote:
>
> Hi Joel,
>
> : It appears the ld -r adds ctor/dtor symbols to files.
> :
> : Any ideas?
Thanks again
I am in the process of rebuilding with these changes:
2000-11-02 Nick Clifton <nickc@redhat.com>
* reloc16.c: Add code to detect the bad relocs and issue a
suitable error message, rather than core dumping.
2000-11-02 Alan Modra <alan@linuxcare.com.au>
* coffcode.h (coff_slurp_reloc_table): Move asect->relocation
test
from here..
(coff_canonicalize_reloc): ..to here. Adjust reloc addresses for
relocatable link.
2000-11-02 Nick Clifton <nickc@redhat.com>
* scripttempl/h8300.sc (.tors): Only create symbols during a
final link. This prevents the section from being created
during a partial link.
* scripttempl/h8300h.sc (.tors): As above.
* scripttempl/h8300s.sc (.tors): As above.
I will report on that as soon as I can.
A question though. Don't these script templates have the same problem?
bash$ grep ctors_end * | grep -v RELOC
h8500.sc: ___ctors_end = . ;
h8500b.sc: ___ctors_end = . ;
h8500c.sc: ___ctors_end = . ;
h8500m.sc: ___ctors_end = . ;
h8500s.sc: ___ctors_end = . ;
pj.sc: ___ctors_end = . ;
sh.sc: ___ctors_end = . ;
w65.sc: ___ctors_end = . ;
I know that the sh-coff RTEMS target links OK. Weird.
--
Joel Sherrill, Ph.D. Director of Research & Development
joel@OARcorp.com On-Line Applications Research
Ask me about RTEMS: a free RTOS Huntsville AL 35805
Support Available (256) 722-9985
More information about the Binutils
mailing list