Another patch for visibility.

H . J . Lu hjl@valinux.com
Tue May 30 13:57:00 GMT 2000


On Tue, May 30, 2000 at 12:54:10PM -0700, Ulrich Drepper wrote:
> "H . J . Lu" <hjl@valinux.com> writes:
> 
> > The visibility is not changed when we process bar.o. But we still
> > need to hide it since we cannot hide it for weak undefined even with
> > the hidden visibility when we first process foo.o.
> 
> Seems OK to me.
> 

I checked it in. Let me know if there are any problems.

I believe we now correctly handle the visibility bits for all cases.
The protected visibility still needs support from the dynamic linker.

One more thing, we should add more tests to ld/testsuite/ld-elfvsb. I
will try when I find time. Any contributions are more than welcome.

Thanks.


-- 
H.J. Lu (hjl@gnu.org)


More information about the Binutils mailing list