[rfa] Add a name field to ``struct floatformat''
Jeffrey A Law
law@cygnus.com
Tue May 30 13:02:00 GMT 2000
In message < 200005301856.OAA10673@envy.delorie.com >you write:
>
> > : ! Copyright (C) 1991, 1994, 1999-2000 Free Software Foundation, Inc.
> >
> > I believe that the FSF lawyer has said that we should avoid date
> > ranges in copyright statements, since it may not be clear if the range
> > is inclusive, exclusive or somehting else. Instead, each year should
> > be specified explicitly.
>
> I've heard this also; apparently a year range isn't legal. Only a
> list of years are legal. More info in the GNU maintainer's manual
> (although this point isn't mentioned) or at this url in particular:
More correctly, there's questions about its legality. Thus using ranges
is considered inappropriate for FSF code. I had to go through all of the
gcc sources and fix them. Ugh.
jeff
More information about the Binutils
mailing list