A patch for visibility.

Martin von Loewis loewis@informatik.hu-berlin.de
Mon May 29 05:17:00 GMT 2000


> > > > Besides: there are still some systems that use st_other in an other
> > > > meaning. It would probably be good if we treat those gracefully - I
> > > > tried the best I could.
> > > 
> > > They are treated correctly.
> > 
> > Not in HJ's patch, AFAICT: It would clear some bits in st_other, no
> > matter whether they indicated visibility or not.
> > 
> 
> No, only the visibility bits will be cleared.

Yes, this is the problem I'm talking about: On, say, v850.h, we have

/* Flags for the st_other field */
#define V850_OTHER_SDA		0x01	/* symbol had SDA relocations */
#define V850_OTHER_ZDA		0x02	/* symbol had ZDA relocations */
#define V850_OTHER_TDA		0x04	/* symbol had TDA relocations */
#define V850_OTHER_TDA_BYTE	0x08	/* symbol had TDA byte relocations */
#define V850_OTHER_ERROR	0x80	/* symbol had an error reported */

I don't know what these are good for, and they eventually have to go,
but I don't think we should break the tools on that target if there is
no reason. Your patch would do that.

Regards,
Martin


More information about the Binutils mailing list