libbfd question...

Chris Lattner sabre@skylab.org
Sat May 27 02:07:00 GMT 2000


Hi everyone...

I'm writing a utility, and would like to extend it to use libbfd if
available...  Basically it's trying to read symbols from a symbol table,
searching either by address or by name.

It appears that minisymbols are the way to go, but the documentation I
have is not very thorough or complete in that area.  Right now anyway, I'm
looking at the 'nm' source, because it's a start.  I'm wondering, however,
what the 'dynamic' option to bfd_read_minisymbols is and means...

Can anyone help me with this, fairly obvious question?  Or is this the
wrong forum?

Also, given a set of minisymbols, is there a better way to find a
particular address or symbol name in the table than just running through,
converting each to a symbol, then comparing?  Hopefully, something
nonlinear?  (I know I can use symbol tables (non-mini) for better
performance...)

Thanks!

-Chris



More information about the Binutils mailing list