Patch H8300/S Bit instruction Relaxing
Jeffrey A Law
law@cygnus.com
Thu May 25 23:34:00 GMT 2000
In message < 41ECF07CC183D111A6F800805FEDAB190CE5C1@EXCHANGE1 >you write:
> This message is in MIME format. Since your mail reader does not understand
> this format, some or all of this message may not be legible.
>
> ------_=_NextPart_000_01BFC614.711DBBB0
> Content-Type: text/plain;
> charset="iso-8859-1"
>
> Hi,
>
> I converted Paul's patch to the standard ChangeLog and recursive patch. I
> changed indentation slightly. I haven't looked into the correctness yet.
>
> Attached are separate ChangeLogs and a recursive patch.
>
> Kazu Hirata
>
>
> ------_=_NextPart_000_01BFC614.711DBBB0
> Content-Type: application/octet-stream;
> name="ChangeLog-gas"
> Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable
> Content-Disposition: attachment;
> filename="ChangeLog-gas"
>
> 2000-05-25 Paul Clarke <paulc@hydraelectronics.com.au>=0A=
> =0A=
> * config/tc-h8300.c (build_bytes): Test for h8300 bit=0A=
> instructions. The H8S can relax them from @:32 to @:16 or @:8=0A=
Note, I believe we'll need a copyright assignment from Paul before
we can integrate this code.
Also note, I'm not sure relaxing to :8 is safe since we might start with
a bit reference to address like 0xffffff02, but due to relaxing of the text
segment, the data segment might start earlier, thus changing the reference
to an address like 0xfffffe00, which is not suitable for :8 addressing.
Also note that :16 address relaxing is only safe for the 0x0-0x7fff range
for similar reasons.
jeff
More information about the Binutils
mailing list