All those old patches.
Momchil Velikov
velco@fadata.bg
Tue May 23 01:08:00 GMT 2000
Geoff Keating wrote:
>
> > Date: Tue, 23 May 2000 10:10:10 +0200
> > From: Momchil Velikov <velco@fadata.bg>
>
> > These ones went unnoticed for about two months now (unless everyone
> > considers
> > them completely bogus and not worth talking about):
>
> There was a temporary hiatus as the binutils maintainer changed over...
Yep, that's why I abandoned the exponential backoff patch submission
mode ;-)
> > http://sourceware.cygnus.com/ml/binutils/2000-04/msg00003.html
> > This patch fixes a linker fatal signal.
>
> I don't like this patch. Why initialize the table there? There
> should be no need to initialize the table in multiple places all
> through elf32-ppc.c. Instead, find a place before the table could
> ever be used, initialise it there, and delete the other
> initialisations.
OK. I'll look at that.
> > http://sourceware.cygnus.com/ml/binutils/2000-04/msg00006.html
> > This patch fixes another fatal signal.
>
> Why is the comment
>
> - /* Both of these sections are (technically) created by the user
> - putting data in them, so they shouldn't be marked
> - SEC_LINKER_CREATED.
>
> wrong?
>
> > http://sourceware.cygnus.com/ml/binutils/2000-04/msg00005.html
> > This patch adjusts the values of _SDA_BASE_ and _SDA_BASE_
> > before doing final link.
>
> I think this is OK. Would you mind waiting a week or two in case
> someone who understands the issues better can see something wrong?
>
> --
> - Geoffrey Keating <geoffk@cygnus.com>
More information about the Binutils
mailing list