i386: fild/fist problems

Alan Modra alan@linuxcare.com.au
Tue May 16 17:33:00 GMT 2000


On Tue, 16 May 2000, Maciej W. Rozycki wrote:

>  It seems filds and fildl get assembled incorrectly -- a data size
> override prefix may be generated in some cases, which is irrelevant to
> these instructions.  The following patch makes fild be assembled
> consistently with remaining instructions of this kind, i.e. fist, fistp,
> ficom and ficomp. 

Thanks for finding and fixing the fild problem.  I'll apply this fix to
both the trunk and release branch.

>  Additionally I moved fildll and fistpll away from "Intel Syntax" sections
> where they do not pertain and removed two incorrect such comments.

I think these comments were meant to apply to only the next line rather
than a whole block of instructions, so I'm leaving them in.  Actually,
Intel-only instructions really need a flag to mark them as only available
in .intel_syntax mode.

Regards, Alan Modra
-- 
Linuxcare.  Support for the Revolution.



More information about the Binutils mailing list