change for configuring on FreeBSD
David O'Brien
obrien@FreeBSD.org
Fri May 12 10:39:00 GMT 2000
On Fri, May 12, 2000 at 07:33:37PM +1000, Andrew Cagney wrote:
> > config.guess is now at rev. 1.444. Can it be brought into the HEAD and
> > binutils-2_10-branch branch?
>
> With respect to the binutils-2_10-branch branch, my understanding is
> that binutils no plans to update config.guess before the next release.
> GDB certainly has no such plan.
Fine. Then apply a patch to the binutils-2_10-branch to
s/freebsdelf/freebsd/g. I was told here at the begining of April to go
talk to the config.guess maintainer. I have now gotten that changed.
Now I'm being told there is no way to effect the 2.10 release. This
change is part of getting the binutils-2_10-branch to support
alpha-*-freebsd, and for the support to be the same as in the in the
trunk. Or am I just wasteing my time in trying to get the 2.10 release
to natively, fully support FreeBSD?
--
-- David (obrien@NUXI.com)
More information about the Binutils
mailing list