Symbol visibility revised

H . J . Lu hjl@lucon.org
Sun May 7 12:30:00 GMT 2000

On Thu, May 04, 2000 at 08:56:15AM +0200, Martin v. Loewis wrote:
> > I checked in your patch. Have you looked at my testsuite patch?
>
> By inspection, yes. I did not really apply and verify it, but it
> looked ok. In particular, the results you got seem correct.

For protected symbols, I got

XFAIL: visibility (protected) (non PIC)
XFAIL: visibility (protected) (non PIC, load offset)
XFAIL: visibility (protected)
XFAIL: visibility (protected) (PIC main, non PIC so)
XFAIL: visibility (protected) (PIC main)

In cases without PIC, protected visibility doesn't work at all. You can
see that from differences bewteen the expected and the output. If there
is no objection, I will check in the visibility testcase tomorrow. We
can make modifications when it is in CVS.

Thanks.

H.J.