weak symbol testcase

Koundinya.K kk@ddeorg.soft.net
Thu May 4 21:38:00 GMT 2000

Hi Ulf,
  In connection to gas handling weak symbols for mips, as we know we have
got this working correctly from the patches we have cooked up and have been
using. Though they address the same issue the patches are different. I think
if we can work out the patch on tc-mips.c and get it checked in by someone
it will be better since this is a common problem for all mips targets.. This
is a serious one and affects g++ primarily since for linkonce sections
handling of weak symbols correctly is very important.

koundinya

-> Hi,
->
-> Here is a simple addition to a testsuite that unfortunately fails with the
-> current version binutils.  The problem is that the current binutils generates
-> a GOT16/LO16 relocation to the weak symbol although the weak symbol should be
-> treated as an external symbol and only a GOT16 relocation should be generated.
->
-> Ulf
->