ChangeLog for patches to support traditonal mips

Koundinya.K kk@ddeorg.soft.net
Thu May 4 07:18:00 GMT 2000

Hi,
   Here are the ChangeLog entries for bfd that I have made for the patches
that I sent y'day. Lots of conditionalizing has been done with the
IRIX_COMPAT macro in elf32-mips.c which I have not described in the
ChangeLog. After quick run through the code I could come up with the most
important changes. Since I am too held up with some other assignments
currently, I have tried to highlight in the ChangeLog only the important
changes.

2000-05-03 Koundinya K <kk@ddeorg.soft.net>,<knk@dde.dk>

        Support for Traditional mips targets
        * config.bfd: Added the new target name for mips*-*-sysv4* as
        bfd_elf32_tradbigmips_vec and bfd_elf32_tradlittlemips_vec.
        * configure.in: Likewise.
        * targets.c: Likewise.
        * elf32-mips.c:
        * elfxx-target.h: Added macro INCLUDED_TARGET_FILE to see that that
          elfNN_bed is defined only once even if elf32-target.h is included
          twice in elf32-mips.c
        * elf32-mips.c (IRIX_COMPAT): traditional mips if IRIX_COMPAT is
        ict_none.
        (sort_dynamic_relocs): new function.
        (mips_elf_calculate_relocation): support static linking
        (_bfd_mips_elf_adjust_dynamic_symbol): create a function stub
        if elf_link_hash_flags contains ELF_LINK_HASH_NEEDS_PLT set
        else set the entry for the symbol in the GOT to 0.
        (_bfd_mips_elf_finish_dynamic_symbol): while generating a shared
object
        if the symbol type is undefined, set the value to 0.
        (_bfd_mips_elf_finish_dynamic_sections): sort the entries of the
        dynamic relocation section

Thanks

koundinya