PowerPC vector unit (Altivec) support
Michael Meissner
meissner@cygnus.com
Tue May 2 11:29:00 GMT 2000
On Tue, May 02, 2000 at 11:17:06AM -0700, J.T. Conklin wrote:
> I have added support for most of the PowerPC vector unit instructions
> to binutils. Still left to do are the data stream instructions: dss,
> dssall, dst, dstt, and dstst. The Altivec user's/programmer's manual
> does not indicate how the stream operand is encoded, and I have not
> been able to find code samples that use these instructions. I want
> to look a bit more before contributing those patterns.
Just to be sure -- is it true that none of this work used the Apple and
Motorola Altivec patches for which we still do not have clear copyright
assignment (evidently we now have it for Apple but not Motorola)?
--
Michael Meissner, Cygnus Solutions, a Red Hat company.
PMB 198, 174 Littleton Road #3, Westford, Massachusetts 01886, USA
Work: meissner@redhat.com phone: +1 978-486-9304
Non-work: meissner@spectacle-pond.org fax: +1 978-692-4482
More information about the Binutils
mailing list