[new test case jluu@mainsoft.com: Re: Possible linker problem]

Ian Lance Taylor ian@zembu.com
Wed Mar 15 13:00:00 GMT 2000

   From: "Jose Luu" <jluu@mainsoft.com>
   Date: Wed, 15 Mar 2000 21:35:12 +0100

   The data does change, that's why. It is apparently initialized when the
   shared lib is loaded, but since the shared libs is -Bsymbolic, it is the
   initial variable in the shared lib which gets initialized, and its copy in
   the main remain uninitialized. When a subclass in the main executable needs
   to access the typeinfo it refers to the uninitilized copy and the prog
   crashes.

I see.  Now that you mention it, I see the code in rtti.c which builds
the constructor.  I wonder why it requires dynamic initialization?
Not that it matters.

Ian