problem compiling binutils 2.10

Alan Modra alan@linuxcare.com.au
Wed Jun 28 00:50:00 GMT 2000

On Wed, 28 Jun 2000, Heiko Nardmann wrote:

> Now I am not sure which header files are needed.
> As far as I understand it this thing is only targeted for native HPPA
> systems, isn't it?

Yes.  One way to find out which header files are needed is to compile with
-DHOST_HPPAHPUX added to CFLAGS and see what breaks.  I haven't tried this
sort of this myself, so you'll probably need to do a little work.

> Why are some format definitions part of binutils and some not?

I don't know the history behind this, sorry.

--
Linuxcare.  Support for the Revolution.