DEJAGNU will not build...

Christopher Currie christopher@currie.com
Tue Jun 27 14:57:00 GMT 2000

Andrew Cagney wrote:

> It would simply be missing - since people check out ``gdb dejagnu'' or
> ``binutils dejagnu'' no one has noticed.

Perhaps this isn't the proper forum to discuss this, but is there a plan
to separate tools such as dejagnu and libiberty from binutils? Maybe the
amount of cross-dependency would make this difficult, but right now if
someone (like myself) wanted to integrate them into another piece of
software, it's not intuitive which version of libiberty (GDB's?
binutils?) is canonical, nor, as Scott points out, is it obvious that
one needs the include directory as well as the source directory.

I'm sort of looking at readline as a model for tools of this nature, in
that it's distributed and maintained separately, and therefore easy to
drop into a source distribution.

Any thoughts?

Christopher