c30 on rc3 broken

Joel Sherrill joel.sherrill@OARcorp.com
Tue Jun 27 09:49:00 GMT 2000

Philip Blundell wrote:

> These two need to be fixed in config.sub.  The problem with ld is that it
> only recognizes the `tic30-' spelling.  I guess someone should settle on one
> or other, assuming that c30- and tic30- really are equivalents.

I have gotten c30- and tic30- to work now.  But the bigger issue
is settling on a real name.  gcc uses c4x-.  The older patches
from the gcc-c40 group (Michael Hayes, et. al.) use c4x-.

I can provide a patch if we can settle on a direction.  I hate to
add support for 3 name variations of a new target unless there is
good reason. :)

> p.

   Support Available             (256) 722-9985