[rfa] bfd_elf_sign_extend_vma()

Alan Modra alan@linuxcare.com.au
Fri Jun 23 01:20:00 GMT 2000

On Fri, 23 Jun 2000, Andrew Cagney wrote:

> Its fairly consistent with bfd_elf_get_addr_size() which returns the
> address size or -1 on error.  If you've a better suggestion I'd be
> interested?  I can't throw an error :-)

No, I don't have a better suggestion.  I suppose you will just need to
write "if (bfd_elf_sign_extend_vma () == 1)".  ie. don't write
"... == true" as that infers the function returns a boolean.  Someone
is sure to later decide that "if (looks_like_bool_func () == true)" is bad
C style and rewrite it as "if (looks_like_bool_func ())"

Regards, Alan Modra
--
Linuxcare.  Support for the Revolution.