binutils 2.9.5.0.46: IEEE support is broken in binutils becauseof `slash patch'

Alan Modra alan@linuxcare.com.au
Tue Jun 20 22:39:00 GMT 2000

On Wed, 21 Jun 2000, Eli Zaretskii wrote:

> > From: "Alexander Aganichev" <AAganichev@hypercom.com>
> > Date: Tue, 20 Jun 2000 10:03:05 +0100
> >
> > I've made the changes you suggested and attach the patch to this message.
> > (See attached file: dosslash.fix.diff)
> [snip]
> > -	filename = file + 1;
> > +	filename = file + 2;
> > -	    temp = program_name + 1;
> > +	    temp = program_name + 2;
>
> I think the above two changes in ar.c (and a similar change in
> bucomm.c) are wrong

Yes, I'd spotted that, and thought I'd replied to the list, but obviously
not.  Incidentally, the other errors that Alexander fixed were mine, not
Eli's.  All the damage should now be repaired.

Regards, Alan Modra
--
Linuxcare.  Support for the Revolution.