Strange entries in include/ChangeLog

Ian Lance Taylor ian@zembu.com
Thu Jun 15 13:08:00 GMT 2000

   Date: Thu, 15 Jun 2000 13:03:23 -0700
   From: "H . J . Lu" <hjl@valinux.com>

   There are quite a few strange entries in include/ChangeLog, like

   Fri May  5 16:51:03 2000  Clinton Popetz  <cpopetz@cygnus.com>

	   * coff/rs6k64.h (U802TOC64MAGIC): Change to U803XTOCMAGIC.

   There is a Changelog in include/coff. Why are there so many entries
   in include/ChangeLog, which I don't think belong there? Shouldn't
   they be moved to where they are supposed to be? It is quite confusing
   when you read it.

Yes, that entry should really be moved to coff/ChangeLog.

I assume this happens when people fail to use emacs to add ChangeLog
entries.  Emacs put the ChangeLog entry in the correct file with the
^x 4 a command.

Ian