Can we emulate i386-pc-pe-coff with i386coff?

Alan Modra alan@linuxcare.com.au
Wed Jun 14 19:48:00 GMT 2000

On Wed, 14 Jun 2000, H . J . Lu wrote:

> I don't think we can emulate i386-pc-pe-coff with i386coff. I don't
> even know we can emulate i386-pc-pe-coff at all. The problem is
> config/tc-i386.c has #ifdef TE_PE inside. We need to modify it to
> check TE_PE at the runtime or do something else. Anyway, this patch
> disable the i386coff emulation for i386-pc-pe-coff.

Agreed.  I dislike all those #ifdefs.  What's really needed is an overhaul
of the generic reloc handling code so that all the back-end fudges can be
removed.  A major undertaking.

--
Linuxcare.  Support for the Revolution.