A bad change to gas

H . J . Lu hjl@valinux.com
Sat Jun 3 22:06:00 GMT 2000

On Sun, Jun 04, 2000 at 02:18:12PM +1000, Alan Modra wrote:

> H.J., some changes to code are to fix bugs, and a testcase is
> appropriate.  Other changes are for correctness of a more theoretical
> sort, for elegance, and for maintainability.  Any further tidying up
> of is_end_of_line falls into the latter category.

The problem is the change like that may break the existing asm code and
we may not know it until it is very late. Your change to is_end_of_line
breaks the existing assumption for `;' being a line separator by
default. I would appreciate if you could build/check glibc and linux
kernel before you check in those changes.

BTW, I just fixed a glibc bug:

	.globl	__setjmp
__setjmp:
	jmp __sigsetjmp
	.globl __sigsetjmp
__sigsetjmp:

My ia32 libc.so stops working after the jmp change :-(. It took me a
few hours to figure it out.

--
H.J. Lu (hjl@gnu.org)