first release candidate for 2.10

Ian Lance Taylor ian@zembu.com
Thu Jun 1 10:22:00 GMT 2000

   From: Marek Michalkiewicz <marekm@t19.ds.pwr.wroc.pl>
   Date:   Thu, 1 Jun 2000 09:50:38 +0200 (CEST)

   It does not include the recent (1 May and later) AVR target
   changes, this means it is incompatible with the current avr-gcc.

By current avr-gcc I assume you mean the current snapshots, rather
than any release.  I think it is OK to require binutils development
code if you are using gcc development code.

   Binutils (daily!) snapshots seem to have the same problem, this
   makes CVS the only way to get binutils compatible with current
   avr-gcc (snapshot or CVS).

The snapshots are currently tracking the release branch, to make it
easier for people to test the upcoming release during the release
cycle.

After the release, I will change the snapshots to once again track the
trunk.

Ian