Where can i find asm operand constraints?

Michael Meissner meissner@cygnus.com
Mon Jul 24 10:06:00 GMT 2000

On Sun, Jul 23, 2000 at 04:23:15PM +1000, Russ.Shaw wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I'm using gcc as a cross compiler for the hitachi h8/300h
> micro-controller core.
>
> When doing asm statements in C, operand constraints are
> needed. I can't find a list of the valid constraints.
> Does anyone know what source file they'd be listed in?
> TIA

The GCC manual lists the general constraints that apply to all ports in the
manual (in the information file, go to the "Machine Desc" page, and then go
into the "Constraints" page from there.  Unfortuantely, it doesn't list the
machine specific constraints for the h8/300.  For those, you need to grub
through the source gcc/config/h8300/h8300.h, and look for:

	CONST_OK_FOR_LETTER_P
	CONST_DOUBLE_OK_FOR_LETTER_P
	EXTRA_CONSTRAINT

for the special constraints `G'..`U'.  Then look for:

	REG_CLASS_FROM_LETTER

to see what additional letters are used to denote special register classes.

--
Michael Meissner, Red Hat, Inc.
Work:	  meissner@redhat.com		phone: +1 978-486-9304