Make `objdump --help' a bit more GNUish

Nick Clifton nickc@cygnus.com
Tue Jul 11 13:24:00 GMT 2000

Hi Mark,

: 2000-07-11  Mark Kettenis  <kettenis@gnu.org>
:
: 	* objdump.c (usage): Make output of `objdump --help' more
: 	consistent with the rest of the GNU world.  Add a line describing
: 	the purpose of the program.  Omit printing the program name when
: 	listing the supported targets.

This patch is basically OK, except for the removal of the program name
when listing the supported targets.  Some tools (eg libtool) depend
upon being able to parse the target list in the output of --help.
(This may not be true for binutils, but it certainly is true for ld.
Take a look at the comment at the end of help() in ld/lexsup.c). So
for consistency's sake, I would suggest that we leave the program name
in.

: PS Being a GDB developer, I've got write access to the repository.
: I simple "approved" would be enough for this to get in :-).

Apart from the one item mentioned above, this patch is approved.