patch to nm allows nm to differentiate between weak functions and weak objects

Nick Clifton nickc@cygnus.com
Thu Jan 27 17:09:00 GMT 2000


Hi Thomas,

: How about tekhex.c (in tekhex_write_object_contents)?

Yes you are right - it is already broken.  If it becomes necessary we
can fix it, but I think it better to jyst leav eit for now.

: We needed to distiguish in an nm dump listing between symbols
: that are weak functions and symbols that are weak objects. nm
: only dumped weak syms without making the distinction. A new "letter"
: was added "V/v" to show weak objects...
: 
: Sigh - hope I got everything this time. 3rd time's a charm hopefully?
: Sorry, still new to GNU here ;-)

ha ha

OK - I have accepted your patch and checked it into the source tree.
I did make one change however, which I hope you won't mind.  Rather
than duplicating the code that checks the symbol class all the time, I
create a new function which does this, and replaced the checks with
calls to this function.

Cheers
	Nick


More information about the Binutils mailing list