proposed binutils patch to support cygwin core dumps.

Nick Clifton nickc@cygnus.com
Mon Jan 10 10:57:00 GMT 2000


Hi Egor,

:   I've implemented core dumps for cygwin and they include some
: changes in binutils. Since dumps are in elf format, this changes
: include new note type and function to parse notes of this type.
: 
: Additionally, configure should be regenerated after applying.

Thank you for contributing this patch.  It was basically fine,
although the formatting of the code and the ChangeLog entries was not
quite up to GNU specifications.  I have fixed these minor details
however, and checked your patch in.

Oh, and I added code to readelf to catch your new core note type as
well.

Cheers
	Nick

2000-01-10  Egor Duda  <deo@logos-m.ru>

	* common.h (NT_WIN32PSTATUS): Define.  (cygwin elf core dumps). 

2000-01-10  Egor Duda  <deo@logos-m.ru>

	* config.bfd: Include elf32_i386 vector to target list for cygwin 
	and mingw.
	
	* config.in: Undefine HAVE_WIN32_PSTATUS_T.
	* configure.in: Test for structure win32_pstatus_t in
	<sys/procfs.h>
	* configure: Regenerate.
	
	* elf.c (elfcore_grok_win32pstatus): New function: process
	win32_pstatus_t notes in elf core file.
	(elfcore_grok_note): Detect win32_pstatus notes.


More information about the Binutils mailing list